Grand Parade, we’re part of William Hill. We’re a technology hub building great betting and gaming products enjoyed by millions of people all over the world
We bet we can be a great match
Do you want cool projects focused on online sports betting and gaming? Are you keen on working on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions but… with fun included? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps Engineers and Project Managers in Cracow?
Welcome to Grand Parade.
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites… just to name a few. Did you know that we process as many online Sportsbook bets per second on a typical Saturday as does Amazon UK on its busiest day of the year, deal with more than 20 million of users and gigabytes of data daily? Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you to face them.
You will be:
- Adherence to existing William Hill architecture policies and best practice
- Definition of policies, standards and patterns to guide usage of new cloud technologies in William Hill
- Consultancy services for product and channel teams to support the design and development processes
- Provide technical leadership for the cloud operational teams.
- Work closely with product owners to understand the impact of user stories and provide guidance on the capabilities of the platform.
We expect you to have:
- +3 years of experience in an architecture position or demonstrable experience creating and contributing to solution designs with clear focus on non-functional requirements
- Experience of design/architectural roles within a fast paced DevOps driven Online / corporate environment.
- Experience of Continuous Delivery Integration systems and processes (Jenkins/Bamboo/Travis CI).
- Working technical knowledge of Virtualisation (VMware) and Container Technologies (Docker)
- Demonstrable experience with container orchestration (Mesos/Kubernetes/Docker swarm)
- Working technical knowledge of IaaS, PaaS within private and public cloud platforms
- Understanding of current systems software, API development, protocols and standards (ReST/Soap services, Microservice deployments)
- Experience of working in/alongside Scrum teams creating and contributing to user stories
- Working experience of infrastructure automation and configuration management (Puppet/Chef/Ansible).
- A strong customer focus with strong communication (verbal/written) and influencing skills, with an ability to manage internal and external relationships up to senior levels of management
- A focus on IaC principles and practise
- Excellent business acumen with the ability to map business requirements to technical solutions.
- Proven track record and ability in leading/mentoring technical staff, using wide-ranging skills (including planning, organising and interpersonal skills)
- A thorough understanding of architectural design principles.
We offer you:
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal trainings, lunch and learn sessions and individual development budget
- Complexity of work and a great influence on business results of the whole Group
- MacBook Pro or Dell to choose from
- International exposure and business trips to our offices in London, Leeds and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach)
- Great working atmosphere in a team of amazing people without bored managers who prefer 10-years old solutions
- Competitive salary and benefits (fully paid private healthcare, Multisport pass, daily fruits), employee referral progra
- Employment contrac
- Flexible working hour
- Stable employment
- And some fun in the office – integration events and company parties, internal GP football league, gamification initiatives, FIFA, board games, company competitions with cool prizes
Please send us your CV in English with the following passage included:
“I hereby express my consent to process my personal data included in my job offer by Grand Parade Sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Cracow, 31-539, Kotlarska 11, St. or any other entity of William Hill group for recruitment purposes and once the recruitment process is closed, I agree that Grand Parade Sp. z o.o. or any other entity of William Hill group places and processes my personal data in its database pursuant to the Recruitment Policy Notice accessible at /address/ the provisions thereof I understand and accept. I also express my consent to sending my personal data to third parties within William Hill group, also outside the European Economic Area. I submit the data voluntarily. I have been informed about the scope and nature of the data processing as well as about my rights related to the data processing.”
Please note that we will contact chosen candidates only.